Our architect gave us ideas that we would never have thought of ourselves. We now have a beautiful kitchen and entertaining space that has added a real wow factor to our house.
Carrie R. Wandsworth
Wandsworth side return kitchen extension
It is interesting to see how the way we live in our homes has changed over the years. Traditionally we lived in a series of small, gloomy, introverted rooms, each with its own particular function and no relationship between them. Now we crave for light and space, opening up to the garden rather than hiding it away at the back.
This home suffered from an existing layout that was cramped and badly organised and the customer wanted to open it all up to create an exciting open plan kitchen / dining area that opened up into the courtyard garden.
A place to feel at ease in
One of this customer’s requirements was for her kitchen /day room to have a real sense of space and freshness. Her architect accomplished this by designing the ceiling so that it followed the profile of the roof structure thus creating a lofty double height space. This was further enhanced by lowering the whole rear area, a feature that not only allowed the day room to flow unimpeded into the garden but also created a more intimate dining area on the higher level.
- Construction Date
- Construction Budget
- Fit-out Budget
- Structural Engineers
J & A Slovpol Ltd
To extend into the side return and create a large open plan kitchen dining space.
Everyone wants to feel their money has been well spent, particularly when undertaking a building project. These photos of the existing kitchen and conservatory demonstrate that, when no thought or consideration is been given to the effect an extension will have on the rest of the house or even how it will be used, the only thing to do is – demolish it!
Planning & Preparation
- Initial visit hand sketch design drawings
- Next level CAD drawings for Permitted development application and submission
- Detail drawings for building regulations
- Demolition of existing conservatory and ripping out of kitchen
- Installation of first fix services such as plumbing, water, electricity
- Construction of new extension, installation of roof lights and doors
- Installation of second fix services including electrics and lighting
- Fitting of kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
- Laying of flooring, tiling and decorating.
Architect Your Home
Developed by Door4