The service we got was excellent, it enabled us to get into our work in bite sized chunks and now we are living in our glorious extension!
Patricia D. E. London
Islington kitchen extension
A home is like a living entity that can be moulded and adapted over time to respond to our ever-changing needs.
In this example, having small children meant our customer wanted her home to have a simple, open space that was robust and practical with plenty of cupboards for the multitude of toys. She also wanted to have direct access to the garden so that it could become an extended playroom when the weather permitted.
A place that lets the outside in
We all have a finite amount of space within which we have to live and so we need to make those spaces work hard for us on different levels. Here by using folding/sliding doors to open up the whole of the back wall of the house, the space can flow out into the garden and use the outside area to make the dining room feel airy and spacious.
- Construction Date
- Construction Budget
- Fit-out Budget
- Structural Engineers
To create a new light and airy kitchen/dining room from an existing awful extension, which completely closed off the house from the garden.
Architect Your Home is about the development & communication of ideas. These drawings were sketched out during the initial visit to demonstrate that by simply utlising the side return side space you can dramatically change the living area of a home.
Planning & Preparation
- Full day Initial visit hand sketch design drawings
- Next level CAD drawings for Planning application and submission
- Demolition of existing rear extension and internal walls
- Building of new walls, erection of new extension, windows and roofs.
- Installation of first fix services such as plumbing, water, electricity
- Installation of second fix services including electrics and lighting
- Fitting of kitchen and appliances.
- Laying of flooring and decorating.
Architect Your Home
Developed by Door4